My family makes the most amazing things sometimes. My aunt gave me this recipe years ago and now we can't go a family gathering without it. Friends and family flock to this casserole dish everytime. See how you like it and comment so I can hear your thoughts or improvisions. ENJOY!!!
Serves 10 people
Dishes needed: skillet, pot and casserole dish (for family gatherings, I use an aluminum one from the dollar tree)
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
4 cups of cheese (shredded)
1 bag of Doritos (Family size)
1 can of 10oz cream of mushroom (soup aisle)
1 can of 10oz cream of chicken (soup aisle)
1 can of enchilada sauce (28oz) (hispanic food aisle)
1 can of diced green chiles (4.25 oz) (hispanic food aisle)
1. Heat oven on 400.
2. In a large skillet, cook ground beef until no pink appears.
3. In a large pot, mix cooked ground beef and all blue coded items above together on medium heat. (I always throw a handful of cheese in too) Just until in bubbles a little.
4. Open bag of doritos, and smash them to small pieces while still in the bag.
5. In casserole dish, cover bottom with a layer of doritos, then a layer of beef mixture, then a layer of cheese. Repeat layers once more.
6. Heat in oven for 15 minutes so that everything can melt together.
VOILA!!! Let me know how you like it and if you've made any changes.